Recipe by 2SpiceItUp
I made this one up when I was tired of the same old Enchilada Casserole, I thought it was alright, but my husband LOVED it. This makes a huge batch, so if you're a family of four, I would just make it in 2 9x9 baking dishes and freeze the other one.
Top Review by momma213
This was really good, I didn't have exact ingredients so I subsituted but basically I was really close. I only had a 10 ounce can of enchilada sauce so I added a 10 ounce can of Rotel tomatoes with the sauce. I used Zesty Ranch Dressing and Refried black beans(all I had). It came out more like a dip than a casserole but with the added tortilla shells and putting it on a bed of Doritos it was perfect. Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 64 inches flour tortillas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups medium sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (diced)
- cool ranch Doritos
- sour cream, Salsa, and Black Olives for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in boiling water until cooked through. Shred.
- Cook Black Beans in saucepot 5-7 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Combine soup mix, enchilada sauce, drained beans, green chiles, sour cream, and ranch dressing mix in large mixing bowl. Add shredded chicken.
- Tear Tortillas into large pieces and layer 1/3 in bottome of sprayed 11x15 or 2-9x9 baking dishes. cover with 1/3 chicken mixture and 1/3 cheddar cheese. Repeat twice. Cover with foil and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil and top with 1 cup crushed Ranch Doritos and return to oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve on a bed of crushed Doritos and Garnish with a spoon of salsa, sour cream and top with olives.