Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from "BHG."
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bottled salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- bottled salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F In a large bowl combine egg, onion, 1/4 cup salsa, chili powder, garlic and salt. Add ground beef and mix well. Shape into a ball and place in a 9" pie plate. Flatten meat mixture into a 6" circle; set aside.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Spread corn muffin batter over meat mixture in pie plate. Bake 50 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees. Remove from oven. Halve cheese slices and aarange on top of the corn muffin mixture. Cover loosely and let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with additional salsa.