Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These little mexican flavored meatballs are so good. I like them for dinner or for an appetizer.
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and salt.
- Crumble beef over mixture; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place in a greased 15X10 inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat tomato sauce and remaining enchilada sauce.
- Drain meatballs; place in a serving dish.
- Top with sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with toothpicks.
this didnt work for me,what did i do wrong here? the balls fell apart on me.
I thought it was great and the Directions were very easy 10x15 is the size of the dish you use. Great job.
We found this to be a good "base" recipe. THey were easy and tasty, but did not have any Mexican "zing" to them. I will make them again, but I will add a can of chopped green chilis to the meatballs, and have a greater ratio of enchilada sauce to tomato sauce rather than the other way around. Don't get me wrong....these were good, just not very zesty.