Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Mexican inspired lasagna bake.
- 453.59 g ground chuck
- 453.59 g black beans
- 2 ear fresh corn
- 473.18 ml white onions, chopped
- 236.59 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 453.59 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 poblano pepper
- 44.37 ml honey
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml coriander
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Brown ground beef, season with garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp pepper and pour off fat. set aside.
- char poblano pepper evenly around over high fire on stove.
- char each ear of corn evenly around over high fire on stove.
- let pepper and corn cool -- remove charred skin from pepper.
- remove seeds and stem an put in blender.
- remove corn from ears and put in blender.
- put 2 tbs oil in pan over med. heat and put in cumin, coriander and chili, and allow to bloom until fragrant. add onion and cook 5 minute put 2 teaspoons.
- of cooked onion in blender.
- add chopped pepper to remaining onions and cook another 7-8 minutes until tender, and add 1 tbs honey and soy sauce and cook another 1 minute , mix in ground beef and turn off heat.
- add lime juice and zest to corn pepper and onion in blender.
- add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, remaining salt and pepper and honey.
- and blend, slowly adding cold water until smooth.
- Line 9 x 11 casserole with Reynolds wrap foil.
- layer 3 corn tortillas on bottom, add half of beef mixture pour 1/4 blended sauce and 1/4 cheese and spread evenly.
- layer 3 more tortillas and spread beans over that layer with 1/4 more cheese and sauce.
- layer 3 more tortillas and repeat with beef and cheese and sauce.
- layer last 3 torillas and cover with remaining sauce and top with remaining cheese.
- cover with reynolds wrap and bake @ 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and sour cream.
- layer 3 more tortillas.