Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in a booklet. I tried it and we really liked it. I hope you do too.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 12 ounces chicken pieces, grill
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Heat oven to 400 deg.
- In a glass bowl blend refried beans and chilles, cover and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir together ricotta, egg, mexican seasonings and salt. set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in a 13 x 9 baking pan. Overlap 6 corn tortillas to create a layer. Spread half each of teh black bean mixture and ricotta mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with half the mexicorn, half the chicken and 1 cup of cheese.Top with 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Add 6 more tortillas; top with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce. repeat layering teh black bean mixture, ricotta mixture, mexicorn, chicken and 1 cup of cheese. top with 1/2 c of the enchilada sauce and laast 6 tortillas. Spread with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinlkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
If I could give this 10 stars, I would. This recipe is WONDERFUL. I cannot rave enough about it. I've made it multiple times and everyone that tries it loves it. When grilling my chicken I add seasoning salt and minced onions for a little more flavor. Hubby also loves it w/ olives mixed w/ the corn. Great w/ sour cream and El Pato chili. Thank you so much for this recipe!