Recipe by Debbwl
An open faced Mexican omelet. This looks so nice in the pan that I set the pan on the table and serve from the pan. And yes the cheese and sauce can make serving a little tricky.
Top Review by IngridH
This was really a great breakfast! I've never put hot sauce on my eggs, so this was a new experience for me. I'm happy to say that I had no trouble getting the omelet out of the pan, it slid right out onto a serving plate, and was just beautiful. The addition of the corn and chiles was very welcome- I rarely get vegetables with my breakfast, and this was a nice change. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers
- 2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 8 3⁄4 ounces corn, drained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 green onions, sliced, whites and greens kept separated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 2 ounces baked corn tortilla chips, broken up (we use salt free)
- 7 ounces 2% mexican cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggbeaters, corn and chiles in a large bowl till well blended.
- Heat oil in a 11 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add white part of green onions and garlic, cook stirring for 3 to 4 minutes until green onions are soft.
- Add egg mixture, stir to mix. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until egg are set on top.
- Top with enchilada sauce, tortilla chips, cheese and green part of green onions.
- Cover and cook about 1 minute or untill cheese is melted.
- Uncover and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut in wedges to serve.