Recipe by Katchick
This is a very inexpensive, easy and quick recipe that I threw together when I was kind of in the mood for Tex-Mex, but totally in the mood for something a little spicy and different... and EASY. My family really liked it and I hope you do too. This recipe can easily be adapted to your family's taste.
Top Review by sbera007
We really liked these! There are so many possibilities! I used recipe#71916. I had more time to cook, so I simmered these on the stove (covered) for about an hour turning occasionally. I sauteed the onions and browned the pork chops before simmering. I served this over rice and black beans. This one is officially in the pork chop rotation! Made for Spring PAC 2009.
- 6 boneless pork chops, thin cut
- 1 (10 ounce) canhot enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso Hot)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay pork chops in baking dish and cover with the enchilada sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes.
- After 20 min with chops in the oven, turn them in the sauce and bake 10 more minutes.
- Turn off the oven and remove baked and coated chops from the dish and place on a platter.
- Cover with finely chopped onions and shredded cheese and put them back into the warm oven just to melt cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.