Recipe by Mama2boys
A twist on the classic enchilada casserole.
Top Review by LaraKN
Really good. I made a much larger tart than it recommended. The corners were very crusty/bready, but I seved with guacamole and dipped the bready parts in the guacamole. Didn't use canned chiles but roasted Fresno chile I had on hand; green enchilada sauce, as that's our preference; used a ball of pizza dough from local market's pizzeria. Will make again, may add more heat. 5/19/13 made again, added some shredded carrot & orange pepper (leftover from another recipe) when sauteing the onion. used homemade green enchilada sauce, 1 roasted poblano, 1 roasted Serrano for chiles, had perfect heat. Did a round tart & made it on the pizza stone, rolledit just larger than the stone, then added thetoppings. round really evened out the bready places, was beautiful. Now I'm certain this is a keeper.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 3 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F; spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add corn; cook until thawed and crisp-tender.
- Stir in chicken and chilies. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and 1/2 cheese. Cool 5 minutes.
- Unroll dough into pan. Gently press into 10 inch square. Spread about 2 tbsp of the enchilada sauce over dough. Spoon chicken mixture over sauce to within 2 inches of each edge.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Fold edge of dough up over filling, rounding corners and pleating dough as necessary.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and filling is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Heat remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cut tart into wedges and serve with tomatoes, lettuce, and warm enchilada sauce.