Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, easy and healthy Tex-Mex meal.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons mrs. dash southwest chipotle seasoning
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 1 cup light monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 4 (4-ounce) trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning.
- Olive oil spray.
- 4 tablespoons enchilada sauce.
- 1 cup light monterey jack cheese.
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped.
- 1 can black beans.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat and tenderize the chicken! (a reminder for myself).
- Season each chicken breast evenly on both sides with the southwest seasoning.
- Place a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat. When hot, lightly mist with the olive oil spray and add the chicken. Cook, turning once, 2 minutes per side, or just until the chicken is golden brown on the outside.
- While chicken is cooking heat beans over medium heat on stove top.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the enchilada sauce, one-fourth of the cheese and one-fourth of the cilantro.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 6 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the cheese is melted.
- Serve over black beans.