Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've been playing around with enchilada casserole for awhile, and think I've come up with a pretty good recipe. Enjoy.
- 9 corn tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix black beans, green chilis, tomatoes, red onion, and green onion. Set aside.
- In small bowl, mix red and green enchilada sauces. Set aside.
- In 8x8 oven-safe pan, layer ingredients as follows: 3 corn tortillas (may have to split in half to fit the pan size, 1/3 of the enchilada sauce, 1/2 of the black bean mixture, 1/3 of the cheese. Layer again with 3 corn tortillas, 1/3 of the enchilada sauce, other 1/2 of the black beans, 1/3 of the cheese. Last (top) layer should be just corn tortillas and sauce. Make sure you cover the top layer with plenty of sauce to keep it moist. You will have 1 cup cheese leftover.
- Bake in over for about 35 minutes. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.