Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
Recipes for your Enchilada Casserole - Nuwave Oven/Flavorwave.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I was unable to make this recipe in my NuWave oven because I had to take everything over to my MIL's house to make this casserole. My MIL wasn't feeling well so I offered to come over to make dinner for her and my FIL. I baked the casserole in a regular oven and it came out nicely. I would have given this recipe more stars, but the ingredient list is missing some ingredients. I didn't realize it until I started browning the ground beef, but there are no seasonings listed. The first thing under the directions is to brown the meat with onion and seasonings but there is no mention of seasonings under the ingredients. I used chili powder, onion powder, minced garlic and cumin to season the meat mixture. I followed the rest of the recipe as written (except for using a regular oven). I baked the enchiladas for approximately 35 - 40 minutes. I topped them off with a little shredded lettuce and some sour cream. They were very good and my in-laws enjoyed them very much. Made for Jan. 2011 Bargain Basement Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 4 flour tortillas
- 12 ounces olives
- 1 (12 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with onion and seasonings. Drain grease.
- Layer each tortilla with beans, meat, spoonful of sauce, a couple olives and cheese.
- Roll tortillas and lay seam side down on liner pan.
- Pour Remaining sauce and olives on top. Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Place remaining cheese on top the last 2 minutes.