Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe about 8 years ago. It's received many compliments! Can be made the night before and kept in the fridge until ready to put into the oven.
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives
- 4 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- mix tomato sauce and enchilada sauce together in seperate bowl.
- Spray bottom of casserole dish with cooking spray and put a small about the tomato/enchilada sauce on bottom of dish.
- Line dish with tortillas, then a small layer of chicken, top with sauce and sprinkle cheese on top of sauce.
- Add a second layer of tortillas and then black beans, corn and cheese.
- Add a third layer of tortillas, chicken, sauce, cheese and sprinkle black olives on the very top.
- You may not use all the corn, beans or sauce. Use to your discretion.
- Bake in oven at 350 for one hour or until cheese on top is very bubbly.
Made it with ground beef instead of chicken. Outstanding recipe. Even better the next day for lunch- just pop it in the microwave.
I made half a recipe for the two of us and still have lots leftover. I used left over roasted Mexican pork and caramelized onions but fresh corn tortillas. Loved how the flavors melded together. Served with a salad and very filling.
Good recipe. I substituted the corn and black beans with a bag of frozen SouthWestern veggie mix and it was wonderful.