Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is something that my family has been making for sometime. I normally spice it up a little by adding chilis in with the beef when it is added back to the skillet or some cayenne pepper.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs ground beef, lightly browned
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 3⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Saute garlic and onion in butter.
- Add meat and finish browning.
- Stir in soup, tomato sauce, tomato paste and salt.
- Cook to just boiling.
- Place half of the tortilla chips in bottom of a 13x9" baking dish.
- Pour meat mixture over chips.
- Top with remaining chips and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream or sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.