Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious mexican casserole. A family favorite. I am requested to make this dish at LEAST twice a month. :) Good for dinner parties.
- 1 lb meat
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 bag of tostidos tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof shredded cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- Brown the ground meat in skillet and drain.
- Add back into the skillet.
- On Medium Heat add Rotel, Cream of Mushroom, and HALF the can of enchilada sauce.
- Stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Take a 9X13 inch pan and layer the bottom with tostido chips.
- Then add a partial amount of your meat mixture.
- The next layer will be your cheese.
- Then layer again.
- Refried beans is an optional topper.
- Last add the rest of your enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Preheat on 350 degrees for 30-45 min.
- Or until bubbly.
This was fantastic! Even my picky daughter inhaled it! I increased the ground beef to 1 1/2 lbs and added a packet of taco seasoning. I was a little worried when it was a bit higher than the pan going into the oven, but as I suspected, the chips flattened out during cooking and there was plenty of room. I will definately make this one many times and share with everyone. Easy to make!!
This casserole was awesome!! Exceptional flavor--my hubbie just raved about it :-) Only thing I changed was to add 1 cup of Pace salsa to the refried beans layer so it would spread on easier. Thanks for a "KEEPER" recipe. YUM!