Recipe by CookbookCarrie
I love this recipe for its flavor, ease of preparation and I use leftovers if I have them. Save up leftover chicken in the freezer until you have enough for this easy, tasty casserole
Top Review by Merlot
I was looking for a quick dinner idea to use up some left over chicken and this dish was perfect. I followed the recipe exactly except I used green onions. What a wonderfully flavored dish that will be a frequent meal from now on. Served with a toss salad and our meal was complete....so easy!!!
- 1 lb ground turkey, browned (or ground beef or leftover chicken or turkey)
- 5 flour tortillas
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Spanish rice (prepared according to pkg. directions)
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans or 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) canof your favorite canned chili sauce (I like Stokes Chili Verde Sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an oven save dish with cooking spray, choose a dish just slightly larger than your tortilla.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom, top with beans, meat rice onion and cheese, repeat layers until about 1/2 to 3/4 inch from top and pour sauce over, top with a tad bit more cheese and a few onions.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes in a 350 oven.