Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from my Sister-In-Law Evelyn Stout. She makes this and the house smells wonderful!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheese soup
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can black olives
- 1 head lettuce
- Mix enchilada sauce, green chilies, and soup together.
- Brown ground beef and onions together; drain.
- Break 6 corn tortilla in pieces and spread in bottom of 9 x13 inch pan.
- Put half of ground beef, half of sauce mixture, half of olives and half of the cheese over the tortillas.
- Break other 6 tortillas over top of cheese.
- Put rest of meat, sauce, olives and cheese over the tortillas. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Shred lettuce and put on top of casserole after cooking.
This is a delicious enchilada casserole! I used cream of chicken soup and an 8oz. bag of shredded Mexican cheese. I also added a can of black beans that I drained because I only had a pound of ground beef. Made for New Kids On The Block cooking tag game.