Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This comes from Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- 44.37 ml green chilies, diced, divided
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 311.84 g can mexicorn, drained
- 283.49 g can enchilada sauce
- 240.97 g package corn muffin mix
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 29.58 ml red bell peppers, chopped
- 170.09 g reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 88.74 ml sour cream
- 7.39 ml cilantro, thinly sliced
- Place 2 tablespoons green chiles and next 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on low for 4 hours.
- Combine remaining 1 tbsp green chiles, muffin mix, egg substitute and bell peppers in a bowl; stir well. Spoon batter evenly over bean mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook 1 hour or until corn bread is done.
- Sprinkle cheese over corn bread. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Spoon casserole onto plates. Top with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro.
This is great and oh so easy! I skipped the extra green chili as I used hot enchilada sauce, but otherwise made as directed for a very good and easy dinner. Thanks for sharing!