Prep 40 mins
Cook 55 mins
I've had many variations of this casserole and decided to come up with my own. Everytime I make it people always want the recipe. It's super easy and people WILL be asking for seconds!
- 1 -2 lb lean ground beef (depends on how meaty you want it)
- 1 (36 count) packagewhite corn tortillas
- 1 large diced white onion
- 1 large diced green bell pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in large pot or deep skillet.
- When beef is halfway cooked add your onions and bell peppers.
- Also, add in your onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumino powder.
- When you are adding in your dry spices there really is no measuring because it is up to you and your taste.
- Dont forget your salt and pepper.
- Once you have finished browning your beef make sure you drain all the fat.
- Go ahead and taste the meat to see if it needs a little of this or a lot more of that!
- When you have all your spices and the taste is just right to you go ahead and add in your rotel tomatoes, corn, and your soups.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Take ½ the package of your tortillas and cut them up to the desired size you would like.
- Add them into your meat mixture.
- If your mixture is too runny then go ahead and put in more diced tortillas.
- Remember-- you dont want your mixture to be too dry.
- Once you have everything right, place your mixture in a large enough baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
- When half way baked sprinkle as much cheese as you want!
- Continue to bake the remainder of the time or until the cheese is all melted and ooey gooey.
- This dish taste really good if you have some homemade guacamole and some sour cream to go on top!
- It seems that the next day this dish taste even better because the seasonings have really set in!
Very easy and very good. We enjoyed this very much. Omitted the chili powder-my system doesn't like it very much. Great recipe. Thank you. Margie
Very good. I had to tone it down because of DH acid reflux problem, so I didn't add any chili powder and didn't have any cumin. Easy to put together with handy ingredients.
I have found another keeper!! Of course just using what I had on hand it wasn't exact but still good! I didn't have any Onion Powder or green pepper and had White Corn Tortilla Chips (crushed) My son liked it so much there wasn't much left over...may have to double it next time. Thanks for the keeper!