Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the family recipe collection. Contributed by Aunt Darlene.
Make and share this Enchilada Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, large
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can enchilada sauce (mild)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (9 1/4 ounce) bag corn chips
- Mix soups and enchilada sauce. Let stand.
- Brown meat and drain off excess fat. Add onion and cook slightly.
- In a large, greased casserole dish, layer half of the corn chips, half of the meat & onion mixture, half of sauce, and half or each cheese. Add a few tablespoons of sour cream on top. Sprinkle with olives.
- Repeat all layers, ending with cheese & olives. Best if made the day before.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.