Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the kitchen of: Carol C. & Linda G. Recipe is so old the original is on a folded piece of notebook paper that looks similar to a page from the constitution. The paper is yellow and torn, looks very aged. Nothing like a good tried and true recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- corn tortilla
- Brown beef and onion.
- Add refried beans, mix well.
- In oil after heated, dip corn tortillas into, take out.
- Put beef mixture and a few tomatoes in each, fold.
- Melt margarine, add flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk slowly. Boil until thick.
- Add cheese and pour over enchiladas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I dipped the corn tortillas into the heated enchilada sauce. The recipe does specify if the sauce goes over the enchiladas or mixed with the cheese, flour and mix sauce. I poured the balance of the sauce on the rolled enchiladas, then the cheese sauce over that. This was very good. Perhaps the recipe could be clarified for other cooks. I did not want to dip the tortillas in hot oil. Thanks for posting.