Recipe by AmyZoe
This was another favorite growing up, and I think my Mom might have invented it. She used to cook it in the microwave, but I prefer to bake it in the oven. There's no meat in it, but it's filling and great when you want something quick and easy.
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 corn tortillas
- 15 ounces corn
- 14 ounces green chilies
- 15 ounces tomatoes
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking dish with 4 tortilla halves.
- Mix the beans with scallions, chili powder, cumin, and minced garlic.
- Place half the bean mixture on top of the tortilla halves.
- Top with 4 more tortilla halves.
- Spoon corn over top.
- Sprinkle half the cheese and all the green chilies on top.
- Top with the remaining tortilla halves, then bean mixture.
- Top with canned tomatoes and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350.