Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was another favorite growing up, and I think my Mom might have invented it. She used to cook it in the microwave, but I prefer to bake it in the oven. There's no meat in it, but it's filling and great when you want something quick and easy.
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 corn tortillas
- 15 ounces corn
- 14 ounces green chilies
- 15 ounces tomatoes
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese
- Line a baking dish with 4 tortilla halves.
- Mix the beans with scallions, chili powder, cumin, and minced garlic.
- Place half the bean mixture on top of the tortilla halves.
- Top with 4 more tortilla halves.
- Spoon corn over top.
- Sprinkle half the cheese and all the green chilies on top.
- Top with the remaining tortilla halves, then bean mixture.
- Top with canned tomatoes and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350.
This was very good and easy. My boyfriend loved it. The pan needs to be sprayed with pam before the tortillas are put in though. Thanks.