Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Absolutely delicious casserole. I could eat the whole pan of this dish. Goes great with a fresh green salad for a quick dinner your family is sure to love!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 4 cups grated cheese
- 8 -10 flour tortillas or 8 -10 corn tortillas
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet, add sliced mushrooms last five minutes of cooking.
- Drain meat mixture of fat.
- Add sauces and soup, stir well to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cumin to taste.
- Place two cups of mixture in bottom of 9x13" baking dish spread evenly.
- Add layer of tortillas.
- Add another two cupps of mixture followed by tortillas.
- Place remaining mixture in dish and spread evenly.
- Cut two tortillas into thin strips and mix with cheese.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 oven for 30 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
This is a "keeper" recipe. I thought 4 cups of cheese might be alittle much but it is needed. I used Kraft's Mexican Blend shredded cheese. I used 10-inch tortillas and cut up two additional for the cheese mixture. Next time I think I will cook up 4 or 5 boneless/skinless chicken breasts instead of ground beef.
I just made this, and it is DELICIOUS!!! I used ground chicken, and added black beans and corn for some more "filler," and it turned out awesome! I forgot to put the cumin in because its not on the ingredient list, but it was still scrumptious. One change though - cut up all the tortillas for the layers - it was hard to chop through them with a spatula. YUM! Thank you!
I'm not a mushroom person, but since I had a cream of mushroom can in my cabinet I thought I give it a try. It was "DELICIOUS" my whole family loved it.