Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is easy to make and it is good. We use the medium Pace Picante Sauce in it. If you like it hotter use the hot Picante Sauce.
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups picante sauce
- 6 -8 flour tortillas, can use corn tortillas but you will need more
- Simmer meat with cumin, garlic salt, chili powder, salt, pepper, water until liquid is evaporated.
- In a 9X13 pan put in 1/2 cup of the sauce. Spread sauce on bottom of pan.
- Place 6 tortillas on sauce, they will overlap.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce on top of the tortillas.
- Place all of beef mixture on next.
- Top with 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 pound of cheddar cheese.
- Place 6 more tortillas on top of meat, overlapping.
- Add 1 cup sauce and 1/2 pound cheese.
- Bake covered 40 minutes at 375 degrees, then for 5 minutes uncovered.
Mudpie this recipe is fabulous...I used low carb whole wheat tortillas and you could not tell the difference...A great recipe and I am glad I picked it...made for Spring PAC 2010