Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice little casserole with great flavor. Another family favorite. Would be great for OAMC as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 crunched garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 10 -12 flour tortillas
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat over to 375.
- Grease 13x9 baking dish and set aside.
- Brown ground beef & discard drippings.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Simmer 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile pour 1/2 cup taco sauce into prepared casserole.
- Arrange 1/3 tortillas to cover the bottom (May need to cut some in order to fit).
- Pour 1/2 cup additional taco sauce evenly over tortillas.
- Spoon in beef mixture.
- Top with sour cream and sprinkle with 1/2 cheese.
- Arrange remaining tortillas, spread remaining taco sauce.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
- Let cool before cutting.
I used cooked and shredded chicken breasts rather than use the ground chicken or beef. I just poured the sauce over the chicken and followed the directions. I did use 1/2 the flour tortillas on the bottom and 1/2 on the top. Very easy and tasty!