Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
a dinner my family loves to eat
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 lb ground beef
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 corn tortillas
- Blend tomatoes with onion and garlic in a blender. Pour into medium saucepan. Add pepper, salt and tomato paste. Heat until boiling, then simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Brown ground beef with taco seasoning mix.
- In crockpot, place 3 tortillas on the bottom. Add 1/3 of the ground beef, 1/3 of the sauce and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layering two more times. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.