Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I learned this dish from my mother-in-law. It's a quick and easy way to Mexican night fun!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- corn tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Ferenheit.
- Brown hamburger meat in skillet, drain.
- Add soup, milk, green chiles, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet with a small amount of oil, drain on paper towels.
- In casserol dish, alternate layers of tortilla and meat sauce until all sauce is gone.
- Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
This was a creamy and great tasting casserole. I looked all over Walmart for corn tortillas (I even asked one of the employees) and couldn't find any, so I had to use flour tortillas instead. I made the recipe as directed, but I added some enchilada sauce over the casserole and then topped it off with the cheese. YUM! Made for 2011 All You Can Cook Buffet.