Recipe by IamEarnie
Very tasty casserole to serve the family. I prefer to use mild enchilada sauce; use regular if you want a more spicy taste.
- 1 medium onion, medium chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn mixed with chopped peppers (red and green peppers)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped black olives (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 cups mexican cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and ground beef until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain fat. Add corn, olives (if using), chilies, and seasonings to meat.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce and enchilada sauce.
- Pour half of the sauce mixture over the meat. Stir to combine. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In the bottom of the greased pan, arrange 6 tortillas. Pour meat mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle half the cheese over meat. Cover with remaining 6 tortillas and remaining cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top, spreading evenly.
- Cover and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.