1/1 Photo of Enchilada Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Claudia Whitlock's Note:
It is a good meal for the whole family, with meat, beans, and cheese. Very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 flour tortillas (I use the large ones)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning
- chopped onion (to taste)
- sliced or chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- sliced black olives (optional)
- 2 -2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Sharp or Mexican are good)
- cooking spray
- 1Brown beef, with onions and jalapenos.
- 2Drain; add the Taco mix as directed.
- 3Spray a casserole-baking dish with oil spray.
- 4(Large enough dish to be able to place tortillas flat).
- 5Add the flour tortillas in layers.
- 6Spread each tortilla with 1-2 tablespoons of beans.
- 7Distribute desired amount of meat mixture on beans.
- 8Spread beans and meat with 2-3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce.
- 9Add some olives.
- 10Add some cheese.
- 11Continue to layer until desired amout of tortillas are used, stopping with beans, meat, sauce, and cheese.
- 12Cover and bake in 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly (about 45 min) or heat until hot in microwave.
- 13Cool 15-20 min. before serving.
- 14It will set up better.
- 15This will reheat in microwave in no time, it also, freezes well in single serving section.
- 16Thaw before reheating.
- 17I like to save a little sauce and cheese to use before reheating, the casserole absorbs them.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.5
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 599.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: