It is a good meal for the whole family, with meat, beans, and cheese. Very good.
Make and share this Enchilada Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 5 -6 flour tortillas (I use the large ones)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning
- chopped onion (to taste)
- sliced or chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- sliced black olives (optional)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Sharp or Mexican are good)
- cooking spray
- Brown beef, with onions and jalapenos.
- Drain; add the Taco mix as directed.
- Spray a casserole-baking dish with oil spray.
- (Large enough dish to be able to place tortillas flat).
- Add the flour tortillas in layers.
- Spread each tortilla with 1-2 tablespoons of beans.
- Distribute desired amount of meat mixture on beans.
- Spread beans and meat with 2-3 tablespoons of enchilada sauce.
- Add some olives.
- Add some cheese.
- Continue to layer until desired amout of tortillas are used, stopping with beans, meat, sauce, and cheese.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly (about 45 min) or heat until hot in microwave.
- Cool 15-20 min. before serving.
- It will set up better.
- This will reheat in microwave in no time, it also, freezes well in single serving section.
- Thaw before reheating.
- I like to save a little sauce and cheese to use before reheating, the casserole absorbs them.
this is a very easy and delicious dish, you could also change the recipe for your prefrences or even roll these up to make actual enchiladas. I reccomend this dish highly!!
I made this for a potluck and everyone gobbled it up. Its quite easy to make. I left with an empty dish and requests for this recipe. A definate winner!
I have tried many enchilada casserole recipes and this is the best yet. I added green onions to the meat mixture and used sweet corn kernals instead of olives to add a contrast to all of the other salty ingredients. I also cut back the cheese by about half (health concerns) and this came out just super delicious! Also, put your refried beans in the microwave for 2 minutes and then stir them, it makes them very easy to spread.