Recipe by Mary Scheffert
Lasagna ... with a Mexican flair!
Top Review by coreybro1
This will be added to our regular rotation for sure! A great substitution when you don't have the time to make enchiladas!! I added a can of drained kidney beans and some diced jalapeno. Thank you for this yummy recipe!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained (corn with red & green peppers)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package corn tortillas, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Cook beef& onion in a large skillet until beef is brown& crumbled; drain, and return to the skillet.
- Stir tomato sauce, corn, enchilada sauce, chili powder, oregano, pepper& salt into meat mixture; cook& bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium& cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place half of the tortillas in bottom of a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture over the tortillas; sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining tortillas& beef mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- *NOTE:this is also good with beans (black beans, kidney beans, or chili beans, etc) added to the beef mixture.