Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lasagna ... with a Mexican flair!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained (corn with red & green peppers)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package corn tortillas, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Cook beef& onion in a large skillet until beef is brown& crumbled; drain, and return to the skillet.
- Stir tomato sauce, corn, enchilada sauce, chili powder, oregano, pepper& salt into meat mixture; cook& bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium& cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place half of the tortillas in bottom of a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture over the tortillas; sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining tortillas& beef mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- *NOTE:this is also good with beans (black beans, kidney beans, or chili beans, etc) added to the beef mixture.
This will be added to our regular rotation for sure! A great substitution when you don't have the time to make enchiladas!! I added a can of drained kidney beans and some diced jalapeno. Thank you for this yummy recipe!
This was very easy and fast to make. not to mention this is a real winner! Super yummy, even Mr. Picky BF loved it! I added 1 can of drained kidney beans to this as well. Thanks for posting! Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag.
I love enchiladas but sometimes don't have the time to make them. THis recipe was easy to follow & quick to make. It was delicious!!! The kids had seconds & THIRDS!! My husband who doesn't like change could not get enough either. This recipe is definitley worth trying. THe only change I have is to double the amount I make since it went so fast