Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is like a Mexican Lasagne, Southern Style. Also good in crock pot
Make and share this Enchilada Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground round
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) bag corn chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (12 ounce) jar enchilada sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat and onion, add taco seasoning, mix well.
- Layer corn shells (Tostitos etc), meat, enchilada sauce (or salsa, taco sauce etc.), chili beans and cheeses (Layer like lasagne)
- Bake till bubbly.
Really, really good! I used a large onion, almost all (but not quite) of a 13 1/2 oz bag of Tostitos Corn Chips, crushed slightly, 1 (15 1/2 oz) can of chili beans in zesty sauce (which I did not drain), a 15 oz can of Las Palmas Enchilada sauce, in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish for 35 minutes and it was a HIT in my house! I would say a good dish for potluck, too!
This is definitely a keeper! I used a bag of seasoning mix (onions, celery, bell pepper) in place of the onion, added a spoonful of minced garlic (the kind in a jar that lives in the fridge), most of a 28 oz. can of Las Palmas Enchilada sauce, and baked Tostitos Scoops that were slightly crushed.