Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
something I made up with leftovers that turned out amazing. You can use any kind of burger you want with any meat or a veggie patty.
- 4 beef burgers or 4 veggie burgers or 4 turkey burgers
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 kaiser rolls
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- jarred sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
- onion, sliced thin
- 4 slices tomatoes
- enchilada sauce, heated (I prefer homemade!)
- Fry patties until desired doneness. Top each with a slice of pepper jack and cover until melted. Simultaneously toast/grill the buns.
- Assemble the burgers by taking the bottom buns and layering jalapeno slices, onions and tomatoes. Place burgers on top and spread a generous layer of sauce on each top bun. Close the sandwiches and dig in!
We love green enchilada sauce, so were excited to try this as a new way to have our veggie burgers. It was good (if a bit messy!).