Recipe by Debbwl
This has the nice presentation when baked in a bunt cake pan and topped with enchilada sauce and cheese.
Top Review by dolliegyrl
We really enjoyed this recipe. I suggest a longer cooking time(about 45 min)for it to firm up more. I used sour cream and guacamole to top it. I think it tastes like cheese enchiladas. We will add this to our regular weekly menu! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups bulgur
- 4 cups water or 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans
- 14 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 ounces fat free monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 -8 ounces red enchilada sauce, Garnish
- 2 -4 ounces fat free monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded, Garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Add bulgur to boiling water or stock, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or till all liquid is absorbed.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- While bulgur is cooking chop vegetables and great cheese.
- Stir mushrooms, onion, spinach, garlic, pinto beans, 14 ounces red enchilada sauce, sour cream, 4 ounces jack cheese, eggbeaters, chili powder, and cumin to bulgur. Press into bunt cake pan that has been spraded with pam. Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes in bunt cake pan. Turn onto serving plater, garnish with warmed reaming enchilada sauce and other 4 ounces of pepper jack cheese.