Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
From a Taste of Home recipe card.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons dry enchilada mix
- 2 teaspoons dry enchilada mix
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- additional corn chips (optional)
- Place onion in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Crumble beef over onion and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring once; drain.
- Stire in the tomato juice, tomato paste, green chilies and enchilada sauce mix (2 tbs + 2 tsp). Spread half of beef mixture in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining beef mixture. Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with crushed corn chips and remaining cheese. Microwave 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with additional corn chips if desired.
- (This recipe was tested in an 1,100-watt microwave).