1 hr 5 mins
Mommy of Five's Note:
These layered enchiladas are filling and delicious. I also make a version of these for my kids that are cheese without the meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground sirloin or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion or 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1 tablespoon taco bell taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 12 ounces hot water
- 18 corn tortillas
- 6 -8 cups cheese (cheddar & montery jack)
- taco seasoning mix, remainder of packet for cheese
- 6 -8 cups recipezaar delicious enchilada sauce (Honey Muffins)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In large skillet over medium high heat, add ground sirloin, minced onions, 1 T. taco seasoning mix, greek seasoning and hot water.
- 3Stir well and cook over medium high heat until no pink remains. Approximately 10 minutes.
- 4While meat is cooking place cheeses in a ziploc bag and add remainder of taco seasoning packet and shake until well mixed.
- 5Drain meat and set aside.
- 6Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 7Cover bottom of baking dish with thin layer of enchilada sauce.
- 8Place 6 corn tortillas in bottom of dish.
- 9Cover with more enchilada sauce.
- 10Add layer of meat, then cheese.
- 11Layer corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, meat and cheese.
- 12Last layer corn tortillas, enchilada sauce and cheese.
- 13Cover with foil and bake in 375 degree oven.
- 14for 45 minutes to an hour. Uncover last 5 minutes of baking.
- 15Place on cooling rack and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchilada Bake
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.3
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 1170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning