Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my favourite comfort foods:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (can use soy replacement)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can canned diced green chiles
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a bowl, combine taco seasoning and beans.
- Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with oil.
- In layers, spread a generous amount of enchilada sauce, 4 corn tortillas, 2 cans of pinto beans, a handful of green onion, a third of the shredded “cheese,” half the can of green chilies, lots more enchilada sauce, 4 more tortillas, all the rice, another third of the “cheese,” the remaining green chilies, more enchilada sauce, then the final 4 tortillas, more enchilada sauce, and the rest of the “cheese.” Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top the entire casserole with the Fritos, and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
This dish was wonderful. My family loved it. Next time I make it though I will have to grease the pan because for some reason the chips stuck to the pan, but oh well, we just added more. I can't wait for our next potluck because I will take this dish for sure. Oh and sour cream goes really well with it. Thanks for posting!!