Recipe by aerobicon
One of my favourite comfort foods:)
Top Review by mommyof 3
This dish was wonderful. My family loved it. Next time I make it though I will have to grease the pan because for some reason the chips stuck to the pan, but oh well, we just added more. I can't wait for our next potluck because I will take this dish for sure. Oh and sour cream goes really well with it. Thanks for posting!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (can use soy replacement)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can canned diced green chiles
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a bowl, combine taco seasoning and beans.
- Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with oil.
- In layers, spread a generous amount of enchilada sauce, 4 corn tortillas, 2 cans of pinto beans, a handful of green onion, a third of the shredded “cheese,” half the can of green chilies, lots more enchilada sauce, 4 more tortillas, all the rice, another third of the “cheese,” the remaining green chilies, more enchilada sauce, then the final 4 tortillas, more enchilada sauce, and the rest of the “cheese.” Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top the entire casserole with the Fritos, and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned.