Recipe by Ebony Enchantress
Prepared chicken, green beans and cheese. This recipe typically calls for heavy cream and mayo, but I lightened it by substituting evaporated milk and low-fat mayo.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cut French style green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter, Salted
- 2 celery ribs, raw
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk (2%)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, Black
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 . 9 oz
- 8 ounces fancy shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced chicken breasts, strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the celery and onion in butter until browned.
- Put the beans, and celery/onion mixture in a 2 1/2-3 quart casserole (you may also add mushrooms to this dish, if you like);.
- stir in the mayonnaise, cream and seasonings. Mix well.
- Stir in the cheese and chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º 30-40 minutes, until bubbly and brown or microwave on MEDIUM about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.