1/2 Photos of Enchanting Springtime Pasta Toss
There is nothing like the desert in the spring time. With a minimum amount of water the desert springs to life with varied and beautifully vivid colors. This salad celebrates the freshness of spring with the chili peppers that are native to this part of the country along with a lively dressing that is made with a touch of chili powder. The recipe comes from the spring 2006 Sabrosa dining guide.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package multi-colored corkscrew macaroni
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, chopped, undrained
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (New Mexico style if possible)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well and rinse under cold water; allow to thoroughly drain.
- 2Combine the pasta, tomatoes, onion, chili peppers, olives and bell peppers in a large bowl.
- 3Toss to mix well.
- 4Combine the remaining ingredients in blender jar and blend lightly to thoroughly combine.
- 5Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture; tossing gently to coat.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- 7Serve garnished with additional cilantro.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchanting Springtime Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g