Recipe by tizzylish delish
Awsome chicken meal, tastes a bit like a classic roast chicken meal with stuffing and gravy, without all the mess and fuss! easy and very yummy, a must try! can be refrigerated until required (overnight if desired) and then baked to heat.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 -2 slice bacon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- cornflour (to thicken)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- place chicken (whole or jointed) in a saucepan with bacon, water, soy sauce and garlic.
- cover and simmer over a very low heat for about an hour, or until flesh is cooked tender.
- bone chicken and place flesh in an shallow casserole dish.
- chop bacon and sprinkle over the chicken.
- strain remaining liquid, thicken to desired consistancy with cornflour paste, season and pour over chicken and bacon.
- for the topping, melt butter in a pan at moderate heat and cook the onion untill tender, not brown.
- remove from the heat and mix well with the bread crumbs and dried herbs.
- spread the topping evenly over cooled sauce and chicken. (Can be refrigerated at this stage).
- cook in a pre heated oven at 190 dagrees C for about 30 - 40 mins untill topping is crisp and meal is heated through.