Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Australia. Ostrich (which is more readily available in U.S.) can be subbed for emu. Serve with boiled new potatoes. This could be done in a crockpot, cooking on low for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter in large frying pan. Brown onions and put them in a large casserole dish.
- Heat oil in the same pan and brown the emu . Combine with the onions in the casserole dish.
- Add flour to oil in pan where you browned the meat and mix; pour in beer and beef broth, bring to a boil and add rest of the ingredients. Pour over casserole and mix together.
- Cover tightly and cook in oven for 2 hours.