Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yes It Is!
- 2 lbs emu, round or drum
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup button mushroom
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons seeded brown mustard
- Slice emu 1" long, 1/2" wide.
- Lightly flour pieces.
- Saute in butter with garlic and onion until lightly browned.
- Add beef broth, parsley and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer on low hwat for 2 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, blend sour cream, yogurt and brown mustard.
- Add mushrooms and yogurt mixture to meat and simmer for 20 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve over rice or wide egg noodles.