Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Emu Oil is gentle for all skin types, non-toxic & natural, non-comedogenic (does not clog pores) and hypo-allergenic (non-irritating) so its great for people with sensitive skin and allergies. Emu Oil is effective in its anti-inflammatory properties, and has been found to give a similar effect as prescriptions medication. When I had my toiletry business, I had a couple of customers with severe skin irritations and I would make this for them. Emu can be costly, but the benefits out weight the cost factor.
- 1⁄4 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons citric acid
- 1 tablespoon borax
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond oil (or any other carrier oil)
- 1 tablespoon emu oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E
- 1⁄4 teaspoon essential oil (or favorite scent blend)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir until well blended. Drizzle in the oil and stir until mixture is moistened.
- Add vitamin E oil and essential oil.
- Take a tsp amount of mixture and firm into ball shape. Place the balls on a sheet of wax paper and let it sit undisturbed for 2 - 3 hours.
- Reshape the balls if needed. Let the balls air dry and harden for 10 days. Store the balls in a closed container to protect from moisture.