Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is perfect for a rainy day in warm or cool weather.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 large yukon gold potatoes
- 8 ounces frozen vegetables
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (6 ounce) can shrimp
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and add the onion. Saute until tender.
- Chop the potatoes into cubes while the onion is cooking, and then add them to the pot.
- Cook until the potatoes become tender, and then add the frozen vegetables and one cup of the stock.
- Bring to simmer. In the meantime, mix the corn starch with the water and add to the pot.
- Bring to boil so corn starch can thicken, and then add the rest of the stock.
- Simmer until frozen veggies are thawed and potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the half and half and shrimp, and simmer until shrimp are warmed.
- Serve hot with crackers or crusty bread.