Recipe by LMillerRN
This is awesome. My friend brought this to me after both of my children were born. I absolutely love this dish. I have also made this using pork chops. This cooks slow. The chicken just falls apart. I have also made this on the stovetop. Serve over rice.
Top Review by ron_macewan
The recommended cooking time of up to two hours is much, much too long. I baked it for 30 minutes at 310 degrees, and it was adequately done throughout. I then added the pineapple and just baked for an additional 5 minutes to heat through. I didn't use cornstarch to coat the chicken but used flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper instead. I also added 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch to the sauce to thicken it a bit during baking.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple bits (reserve syrup)
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with cornstarch.
- Brown in large skillet.
- Combine brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place in oven proof dish.
- Place chicken in dish and pour sauce over the chicken.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour.
- Add pineapple and green peppers.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour.