1/1 Photo of Empty Tomb Crescent Rolls
nanny ann's Note:
What a treat on Easter morning! Fresh, warm crescent rolls for breakfast. But, that is only half the treat... learning or re-enforcing the true meaning of Easter for Christians everywhere. This is delightful and fun for the little ones to help with. You will find easy to follow explanations and Bible readings to go along with the preparation and serving of this tasty treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out the crescent rolls and separate.
- 2Place two crescent rolls next to each other with the wide ends of the triangles overlapping to form a right angle.
- 3Show the marshmallows and explain that the color white represents purity in God's eyes of those whose sins have been cleansed by Jesus. Read: Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3.
- 4Dip marshmallows individually in the butter, then roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture, coating evenly. Place one butter and cinnamon sugar coated marshmallow in each set of crescent rolls. Pull up the narrow ends of the triangles and wrap the crescent roll dough completely around the marshmallow, sealing well. It is very important that no gaps are present.
- 5Explain that each marshmallow represents Jesus' body which was wrapped (covered in sugar mixture) and placed in the tomb which was then sealed tight (closed up in the dough.) Read: Matthew 27:57-60.
- 6Use remaining butter to brush the tops of the "tombs" and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar to taste.
- 7Bake on cookie sheet at 375°F for 14 minutes, or until the tops are a deep golden brown. Cool 1 minute in the pan. Serve and enjoy!
- 8When the "tombs" are ready to be served have each person break theirs open and experience the emptiness of the tomb. Explain that Jesus was raised from the dead and His followers were amazed to find the tomb empty. Read: Matthew 28:1-9.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empty Tomb Crescent Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 403.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 56.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g