Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very hearty soup. I'm not a fan of soup broth so there's not much and my sister calls it stew-soup. Even my very picky-eater niece gobbled this up! Very filling. This serves a lot so it would be good for pot luck and if you left out the potatoes it would be perfect for OAMC
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, NOT drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) cancampbell's ready to serve herbed chicken and rice soup
- 1 (105 g) package chicken and wild rice soup mix (I use Healthy Choice)
- 1 cup chicken and garlic rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a stock pot or very large pot over medium heat.
- Place potatoes in a small pot and boil to soften.
- Fry hamburger with onions and spices until hamburger is no longer pink.
- Add to soup pot.
- Once potatoes are almost fork ready add to soup.
- Simmer at least 1/2 hour.
- I serve topped with Parmesan cheese.