Sam #3's Note:
This is a very hearty soup. I'm not a fan of soup broth so there's not much and my sister calls it stew-soup. Even my very picky-eater niece gobbled this up! Very filling. This serves a lot so it would be good for pot luck and if you left out the potatoes it would be perfect for OAMC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, NOT drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can campbell's ready to serve herbed chicken and rice soup
- 1 (105 g) package chicken and wild rice soup mix (I use Healthy Choice)
- 1 cup chicken and garlic rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1Combine first 11 ingredients in a stock pot or very large pot over medium heat.
- 2Place potatoes in a small pot and boil to soften.
- 3Fry hamburger with onions and spices until hamburger is no longer pink.
- 4Add to soup pot.
- 5Once potatoes are almost fork ready add to soup.
- 6Simmer at least 1/2 hour.
- 7I serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empty the Cupboards Soup
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 750.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken and wild rice soup mix
chicken and garlic rice