Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very hearty soup. I'm not a fan of soup broth so there's not much and my sister calls it stew-soup. Even my very picky-eater niece gobbled this up! Very filling. This serves a lot so it would be good for pot luck and if you left out the potatoes it would be perfect for OAMC
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, NOT drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) cancampbell's ready to serve herbed chicken and rice soup
- 1 (105 g) package chicken and wild rice soup mix (I use Healthy Choice)
- 1 cup chicken and garlic rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a stock pot or very large pot over medium heat.
- Place potatoes in a small pot and boil to soften.
- Fry hamburger with onions and spices until hamburger is no longer pink.
- Add to soup pot.
- Once potatoes are almost fork ready add to soup.
- Simmer at least 1/2 hour.
- I serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
This is great! I think this is also a great end-of-the-week stew. I changed this a bit based on what I had. Some of the changes I made was using frozen green beans and since I didn't have any canned tomatoes, I used 1 (last one in the fridge) tomato, chopped and 1/2 bottle of tomato juice (only used 1 can chicken broth). I also skipped the soup mix and rice and less potatoes (I only had 3 small potaotes) and also skipped the oregano but used basil plus Italian seasoning. Very good and thick plus filling. Next time I will try this in the crockpot, which I think will also work out well. Thanks for sharing this yummy keeper!
This was good, but a little on the salty side for us. I used black beans instead of kidney because I can't stand them, therefore I didn't have any in my cupboard. I loved all the beans in here. It was nice and thick, with good veggies. It's like a kicked up hamburger stew. I think I'll skip the canned soups, or used low sodium versions next time. Most of the ingredients I already had on hand, so I really liked that. I'll have to raid the cupboard again to see what kind of soup I can come up with for the next time. Made and Reviewed for PRMR - Thanks! :)