Recipe by Obsidian468
We've all had that day - food in the house is running short. You can't get to the grocery store for whatever reason. You need something hearty for dinner. This was my solution on one of those days.
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomato soup (creamy style)
- 1 cup rice (white, long grain)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried and minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder (or to taste) (optional)
- 2 bouillon cubes, chicken flavor
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sazon seasoning (1 packet)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw chicken breasts (if frozen).
- In a medium pot, combine water, creamy tomato soup, bullion cubes, and 1 tsp of the olive oil. Bring to a boil.
- While waiting for the pot to boil, heat a medium saucepan with the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Dice chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Once water/soup mixture is boiling, add rice and reduce heat to low, so that the rice mixture barely simmers.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the chicken, minced garlic, salt and black pepper) to the rice and stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken and minced garlic to saucepan and cook thoroughly. Near the end of the cooking, add salt and black pepper.
- Once the chicken has cooked thoroughly, drain off most of the excess oil, but be careful to keep the minced garlic in the pan.
- Add chicken to rice mixture.
- Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes (cooking time may vary, depending on the stove) until the rice is tender.
- Fluff rice and serve hot.