We've all had that day - food in the house is running short. You can't get to the grocery store for whatever reason. You need something hearty for dinner. This was my solution on one of those days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomato soup (creamy style)
- 1 cup rice (white, long grain)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried and minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (or to taste) (optional)
- 2 bouillon cubes, chicken flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon sazon seasoning (1 packet)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 1Thaw chicken breasts (if frozen).
- 2In a medium pot, combine water, creamy tomato soup, bullion cubes, and 1 tsp of the olive oil. Bring to a boil.
- 3While waiting for the pot to boil, heat a medium saucepan with the remaining oil over medium heat.
- 4Dice chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 5Once water/soup mixture is boiling, add rice and reduce heat to low, so that the rice mixture barely simmers.
- 6Add the rest of the ingredients (except the chicken, minced garlic, salt and black pepper) to the rice and stir thoroughly.
- 7Add chicken and minced garlic to saucepan and cook thoroughly. Near the end of the cooking, add salt and black pepper.
- 8Once the chicken has cooked thoroughly, drain off most of the excess oil, but be careful to keep the minced garlic in the pan.
- 9Add chicken to rice mixture.
- 10Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes (cooking time may vary, depending on the stove) until the rice is tender.
- 11Fluff rice and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empty Cupboard/Fridge Special
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.8
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 1246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: