Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wished-you-doubled-the-recipe good! Excellent addition to any table, barbecue, pot-luck or just to simply impress your friends and family.
- 3 lbs potatoes (prefer small red potatoes, but any will do)
- 3 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely diced)
- 3⁄4 cup dill relish (trust me on this)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (really, it's not too many)
- 1 cup bacon bits (Hormel, Oscar Meyer or homemade)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- Boil whole potatoes in lightly salted water until easily penetrated with skewer or knife. Do not peel. Cube potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in LARGE mixing bowl.
- Add diced onions, chopped celery, dill relish and bacon bits to the potatoes, but do not stir yet.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and spices. Mix thoroughly until "dressing" is smooth and consistent.
- Begin adding to potato mixture, lightly tossing until well coated and all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Peel and coarsely dice hard boiled eggs, add to potato salad and toss to incorporate fully.
- Can garnish with whole black olives and parsley sprigs if desired.
- Can be served warm or cold.