Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent scones from Empress hotel in Victoria Canada, Makes a lot of dough!
- 2 lbs flour, plus
- 4 ounces flour
- 9 ounces sugar
- 9 ounces butter (hard)
- 2 ounces baking powder
- 6 ounces raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 5 1⁄2 eggs
- 16 ounces whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt
- pre heat oven to 350.
- Crumb flour, sugar, butter, baking, powder, and salt with pastry fork.
- Add eggs slowly.
- Add raisins.
- Add cream and mix to smooth dough.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness and cut out with cup.
- Egg wash and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Wonderful memories of our afternoon tea at the Empress I cann't wait to serve these