1/1 Photo of Empress of China Beef
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is a delicious stir-fry recipe from the Empress of China restaurant in San Francisco.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into shoestring strips
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 lb fresh snow peas or 1/4 lb frozen snow peas, each cut in half on a diagonal or 1/4 lb french-style green beans
- 1 (3 ounce) can whole mushrooms, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped water chestnut
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- steamed rice
- 1Heat oil in large skillet; add salt, then beef.
- 2Cook, stirring often, over high heat to brown meat, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add onion, celery, snow peas, mushrooms, and water chestnuts.
- 4Continue cooking over high heat, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Cover, lower heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- 6Combine cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and water in small dish; mix well.
- 7Add to skillet; cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles for 1 minute.
- 8Serve immediately over fluffy, steamed rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empress of China Beef
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 1464.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 17.1 g